View Single Post
Old 08-03-2023, 08:30 AM   #16
Redbarn

I wouldn't assume everyone who buys an electric car buys it to be green.

I bought an electric car because it is one of the fastest production cars ever made. I could not care less about it being green or not. It is100% American engineered/innovated, built in the USA, by none union works. It is also nice to never have to do any maintenance, other than rotate and change tires, no oil changes, the brake pads effectively last forever.

After I got it I realized how many features it has that literally have nothing to do with being electric, gas, and diesel cars should have a ton of the features it has, why they don't is annoying and when I get in my diesel SUV it feels very dated.

Another thing I don't think people understand is you only ever charge at your home (I didn't notice any change in my electric bill). So you don't ever have to waste time at a gas station. You can wake up to a full tank every day. It is nice to know you can use the charging network but I have literally only used it once just to test it out. You can charge it for around 8 bucks at a supercharger in about 10 minutes but much less if you are just trying to get to your destination.

As far as the battery tech just not being there, I am not sure what more it needs to do. I do think the public does need some battery education. For example Everyone looks at range and what they should be looking at is effective range. Some batteries like to only be charged to 80% daily while other like 100%. Oddly this results in things like the tesla model y extended range having less of an effective range than the cheaper model that has different batteries that like to be charged to 100% every day. There are things like that, that people do not understand.

Again I don't care about it being green, however, there is a ton of bad info out there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Redbarn For This Useful Post: