View Single Post
Old 04-15-2020, 01:27 PM   #39
Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd333 View Post
Serious question here.

What is the downside of a family from outside of NH that has been social distancing and showing no signs of Covid heading up to their lake house for the weekend that has been empty since early March?

Assuming they bring all the food/provisions they will need and stay contained to their property with the exception of some walks/hikes?

Other than potentially being in a accident driving to/from the lake what is the downside?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Assuming that all people do as you suggest, I doubt anyone would have an issue with that scenario.

The rub, it "feels like" there was a mass exodus from highly infected areas of the country (NY, MA) and ... again it "feels like" those people flooded the region..... I can tell you with 100% certainty that the areas around the lake were affected.

Right, wrong or indifferent the Lakes Region as well as other areas of the country had a tremendous influx of people over the last month that rightfully chose to escape this pandemic as best they could. So for the locals to feel uneasy is not beyond reason.

As I am sure you are aware, this influx added to the shortage of supplies at the local grocery stores. It is certainly not the single reason, but it did add to the shortage. Grocery stores usually ramp up as we approach Memorial Day.

It takes time to adjust to such an unexpected surge and it will take time to level off.