View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 02:31 PM   #27
Biggd

Thanked 1,073 Times in 678 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeWinniMom View Post
We had dinner at the Broken Spoke last night. We went on the early side, around 5:30 and brought the kids, 13 & 9. There were a few patrons at the bar but we were the only ones having dinner and sat in one of the booths. The restaurant has a fun atmosphere, for us and the kids. The kids weren't bored and didn't feel they needed their devices to keep them occupied, which is always a plus. Our server was very nice and attentive.

The food was also good. We had a few apps: skid lids (potato skins), flat tires (fried pickles) and nachos, which were all tasty. It was $2 taco night, so we also tried those. They too were good.

We all left happy and said we would come back. I want to see them succeed, the owners seem very nice and hard-working. The father even ran out to get another gallon of milk since they were running low and our kids had ordered milk and they wanted to make sure they had enough. I thought that was very nice. *There were also many TV's to watch the big game, which the OP was asking about. I wouldn't hesitate to go there and have a couple drinks, apps and watch the game.

If you haven't tried them out, give them a shot.
It's a good location but the restaurant business is all about the food, service, and long hours of hard work. If those things aren't in the mix then it goes down hill quickly. It's good to see it open again and hopefully it succeeds. It's not an easy business esp. in a seasonal setting.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote