Thread: Franklin/Tilton
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2020, 03:57 PM   #8
SailinAway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
I understand that it's easy to get freaked out. I still use purell after coming out of all the stores, and leave any groceries that don't need refrigeration on the porch for 2 or 3 days.
How many here are quarantining food? I am. I leave anything the mice can't get into in the garage for several days. Same for mail and plastic bags from the grocery store.

Anyone else discarding supermarket containers and washing everything possible before storing it? I'm even washing oranges, grapefruits, and apples with soap. Things like boxes of cereal go into a plastic box in the kitchen for a few days.

Initially I thought a friend who does all this (plus showering and changing clothes) was a bit nuts, but it turns out that a lot of experts recommend this. Very tedious. I used to enjoy grocery shopping. Now hate all the work involved.

The thing is, (a) we really have no way of knowing how many people around us are infected and (b) I intend to survive this crisis. Not my time to go yet. So I'll do what it takes to live another year.