View Single Post
Old 11-02-2021, 01:13 PM   #36
YOLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real BigGuy View Post
I’m a big proponent of MA’s north shore. I have lived there for most of my life. Great school systems, restaurants, etc. One consideration may be, where will he work. If he lives in MA he will pay state income tax regardless if he works in the state or not. No income tax in NH but if he works in MA and lives in NH he will be hit with MA income & NH property tax.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Seems he is working remote... No need to pay Mass income tax in NH if you are remote working for a firm in LA. Also, NH has no sales tax which means over the course of your lifetime, anything you buy online or in a store in Mass is subject to 6.25% sales tax which adds up very fast. On top of it he will have no state capital gains tax on personal investments and no state estate tax that robs his beneficiaries of even more hard earned money. The property tax issue is mostly a non-issue depending on where you live since Mass may have a lower mil rate, but higher home values and costs to purchase a home. On top of it you have to deal with incessant traffic the closer you get to Boston. if you are on the seacoast in NH, you usually don't hit traffic until you hit 128 or RT 1 in Peabody, so its just a matter of minutes further on 95 to get to Logan in the rare time he must. Of course, as mentioned before, if higher taxes and more traffic and less freedom matter, please move to Mass.
YOLO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to YOLO For This Useful Post: