View Single Post
Old 11-01-2021, 04:40 PM   #30
marinewife

Thank you all for your suggestions so far. There's so much for them to consider, and they will need to make more definite plans for sure.

My son is 33 and living in a rental in a suburb of LA. He will be working remotely from home at his current job and if/when the pandemic subsides, he traveled throughout the US every 6 weeks or so for work related events.

The Logan airport issue may not be a huge deal in the end, but visiting me from LA and driving a rental car up takes an easy 90 minutes, so he wanted to avoid a big drive, a 2hr wait in the airport, and then a flight if he visits family out of state or travels for the job.

He's a big restaurant lover as well as a good cook, so he was hoping to have a 'town center' with restaurants similar to what he was raised in- not strip mall living, more cozy town feeling living. No kids yet, but I assume on the horizon, and so good schools would be important.

The housing prices are through the roof everywhere, and he may be staying with us while he house hunts because buying sight unseen wouldn't be a wise option.

It took a few years to find our home up here, and I was driving 600 miles per weekend often, so he's aware of how difficult finding the 'one' can be...

Keep the town suggestions coming if you have other ideas, I'm thinking he'll land in northern MA or southern NH- he doesn't need a 'tourist' town, since he sees that when he visits here.

Thank you~
marinewife is offline   Reply With Quote