View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 10:39 AM   #27
MJM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diprna View Post
Also wondering the extent of your damage and hoping it's not expensive fix. Following up on above comments re etiquette (more so LACK OF!), we arrived at Wolfeboro docks this afternoon, only 2 or 3 boats were ahead of us waiting to dock. They all found a spot to dock after a bit so we mistakenly believed we would be next. WRONG!! No courtesy, attempts at communication, waving-it was a free for all. Lots of boaters arriving long after we did took whatever slip they were near - no regard for those patiently waiting. Very sad to witness such discourtesy and most blatant we've experienced in our 15 years boating on Winni.
Did you speak to them? In my 25+ years on Winni / Wolfeboro, I've always waited my turn, and approached those who try to jump the line. I've found:
a} Some were just making an honest mistake, and when I said I was ahead of them, they apologized and waited, no problem.
-or-
b} Some were pretending not to know the deal...they try to slide in, but when approached they act surprised and wait.

I never once had anyone continue with jumping the line.
MJM is offline   Reply With Quote