View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 12:29 PM   #14
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

First FLL, out of line Man, most times I find your humor, but this time, it was poorly timed.

Second, on busy weekend the Town docks are prime for docking accidents, to many people in a rush... I personally stay away from the town docks on the weekend.

Third, people have no morals, they know if they cause damage to someone else property they should pay to fix it.... and if no one appears to be watching, well then with the lack of moral compass, people just take off... Happens in parking lots with cars all the time. Why should boats at a public docking facility be any different. In short why is everyone surprised, I am not.

Last Jetman, what type of damage are we talking about here? Was the gel coat scuffed? Was it bad enough that a fiberglass repair is going to be needed? Was there a physical hole in your boat?

I am not accusing you of over reacting here, but before I get pissed off and go on a rant about the inconsiderate knuckle head capt. Boneheads out there, I want more information. Because I have seen issues at the town docks, where really no damage is done, but someone is upset simply because there boat was touched with a fending pole, or bumper, and the dirt on their boat was smeared...

last the boating safety certificate, is just that a certificate of completion and understanding... it does not mean someone knows how to fully control a boat....

Finally if your at a public dock, and you see someone boat get hit, we should all do our best to get identifying information, and give it to the cops, or the damaged boat owner.... I think to often people just don't want to get involved.