View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 01:57 PM   #21
Phantom

Having boated both with & without the speed limits in place I have to be completely honest ...... I have ABSOLUTELY no objections to the 30mph at night restriction. It is a comfortable & reasonable speed and it eliminates (at least for me) the paranoia of some "Hot Shot" come racing up from behind.

I know many do not like or desire to boat at night ...... and I respect that! I on the other hand am completely comfortable and actually enjoy it -- except on those dark moonless nights when all definition disappears and you have to rely too heavily on the GPS whereupon I usually cut the cruise short and head home.

As for the 45mph daytime restriction ........ I do not for the life of me understand the rationale ..... and please spare me digging up all the arguments that we went through on this forum already.

It is bad enough I am twisting this thread off in a different direction as it was started as "Boat Rental Requirements".