View Single Post
Old 01-08-2023, 11:01 AM   #17
John Mercier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post
I have no problem with a new, updated bathhouse. But a million bucks? Come on now. And you know there will be cost overruns, so what will the final cost really be?

The other problem I have is that I own several commercial properties in Gilford and pay a huge amount in taxes to the town. However, commercial property owners are not entitled to use the Gilford Beach or the Glendale launch ramp, so what’s the benefit to me and the hundreds of other commercial property owners in Gilford that contribute to these projects?
Commercial property anywhere is considered a ''transaction''.
Because I own stock in several national retailers, among other things, I am technically an owner of property in several, if not all jurisdictions... both here and overseas. But I am not embedded in the welfare of that jurisdiction beyond the commercial value they represent.

And I think in the trespass thread that Codeman started about his island property, I put forth the concept that a modern bathhouse would cost a lot more than people not in the industry realized.

Gilford will not be the only one rebuilding, or building, new bathhouses to protect the lakes.
John Mercier is offline   Reply With Quote