View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 09:11 AM   #41
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Those look like extra long skid shoes made with polyurethane as opposed to steel.

Here's a polyurethane skid shoe with a roller wheel .... http://www.amazon.com/arnold-univers.../dp/B00PBGM7RM ..... $32.57/2 ..... video link worth watching! ....... is somewhat similar to an Alaska airplane with landing gear skid/wheels designed for snow covered, not paved landing fields ..... or something!

Attention Moose Jaw Airport ...... this is the TroyBilt 2410 ...... coming in for a super smooth landing on your half snow, half pavement, half dirt, half grass runway ...... is similar to that Plymouth NH Municipal Airport...... a flying snowblower ..... Roger that!!! ......
The ones I have are definitely steel. Those ones on Amazon you linked I doubt would work good. Definitely the opposite of mine. The idea of mine is to glide over cracks and seams. Ever go cruising along and catch a crack like where driveway meets road. The ones you linked just give more opportunities to catch on something. And I bet that wheel often does not roll. It's just gonna jam up with ice. The risk with mine is it can ride up on the snow and go sledding. But they have been fine.
mswlogo is offline   Reply With Quote