View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 03:32 PM   #83
Nadia

Smile Heh Heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGB2 View Post
A friend's wife has two small yapping annoying dogs. Joe, the friend, got a parrot with the idea of teaching the parrot to tell the dogs to "#!x% shut up." Instead, the parrot imitates the barking of the dogs and their telephone. Now he listens to constant barking, plus he sometimes answers the ringing parrot.

There are worse things than having a neighbor with a barking dog.
That's funny, and it reminds me of a really funny bird who belongs to the beloved and missed Pepper. When Pepper went away on business or vacation I would house-sit and take care of her pets. A beautiful macaw named Reeka lives with Waldo & Pepper and their loving little hot dog Fritz. Without any predictability Reeka will imitate Pepper's voice to a "T" and randomly yell "FRITZ! Wanna go out?" And little old Fritz would bumble off the couch, across the floor and go stand beside the door wagging his tail. She would also ask "Want a treat?" Poor dog. He would come out to the kitchen and look around for Pepper, wanting his treat. The bird could really torment the dog when she wanted to. I also remember being at one end of the house and yelling to my friend who was out in the garage changing their oil. I yelled out "Hey Roger..." and after a short pause the bird yelled back "WHAT?" Got us all confused
Nadia is offline   Reply With Quote