View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 09:26 AM   #78
luvmypups

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
In general I am not an animal fan. I think that if your dog barks for more than 5 minutes and your neighbors can hear it, it should be brought inside. If that doesn't work you should buy a bark collar.
We have one particular neighbor that seem to think an hour or two of loud barking is fine. When I have spoken to them they take offense and say that the dog is "just playing" One night after 11:00PM they came in in their boat and the dog barked for 20 minutes straight while they dropped the passengers at their dock and put the boat on it's mooring. I finally stepped out on the front deck and said "would you please do something about the dog" They responded "he's just happy to see us, go back in your house and watch TV"
So what is the next step? Call the police? Take matters in to my own hands? The neighbors don't seem to realize that the barking is unacceptable. They are well aware that we have a problem with it. This has been going on for two years. I refuse to let my peace and tranquility be taken away by rude neighbors. It looks like it is time for an ugly confrontation!
A "BARK" collar??? .......right. I think your a grouch that needs to go live somewhere with no neighbors. What are people supposed to do while their dog is in their boat and barking?? Their hands are tied , you cant make a dog stop barking. Your the grouchy neighbor that no one likes and doesnt let anyone on their lawn .
luvmypups is offline   Reply With Quote