View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 11:20 PM   #9
michael c

If we are speaking about the same place: I have used them .Heading into Meredith proper, you leave lovering on your right and take a left ,as if you were going to the case & keg. Just after the case& keg you need to take a left about 100 feet further.
They took really good care of my Newfy one evening !
It was kinda odd: my regular vet had closed for the day and I was only getting really woried about that very time.
This vet we are talking about does not even open until late in the day. I think it is 5:00 P.M. but I may be off a bit .They stay open every night and close up in the morning..So it seemed a bit odd that I needed to wait until the sun was going down to bring my dog in . It worked out fine ,my dog was okay and they did a very good job.
I went home relieved that ,although my dog was not feeling well ,she would be fine .
She had only eaten 3 meals in 6 days [ A Newfy !!! ??? ]
and when I left ,they assured me that she was not sick , only feeling a bit funky and would snap out of it soon.
I think the Hamburg and rice with plain yogurt did the trick ..She hasn't stopped eating since and has gained back the 11 pounds she lost [ 11 pounds,while something to watch,is not as severe in a Newfy as in other breeds ]11 pounds in my little girl is only a loss of about6 % of body weight.Certainly something to make you sit up and take interest but many dogs ,if they lost 11 pounds ,would simply cease to exist.
She is a National champion and has lots of titles ,but in the end,she is my best friend !
M