View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 08:13 AM   #68
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Thumbs up What a great thread!

Everyone is acting very civilized... thank you!

Our dog has been trained to stay in our yard at the lake off the leash. Being a Cairn he can be rather suborn at times. Mac would try to push the boundaries. We did not care for leashing him, because there are so many obstacles to get tangled on. So I went looking for a solution. I found Pet-Agree. The reviews were quite good on this product and it was only $30. I did heed the warnings of other consumers and we have not let Mac see the device. So far it works like a charm and now we hardly use it. It does work when he gets too barky. I must admit he doesn’t pay too much attention to it when a duck is invading our docks or when it thunders, which thankfully isn’t a problem too often.

I just found this website that offers lots of ultrasonic control devices for your dog or the pesky neighbors dog. Most solutions are under $100. When you are at the end of your rope, it might be a good investment. If you try something found here, let us know how your choice works.

*Years ago we tried an ultrasonic training collar, which was definitely a mistake. They are good if you don’t mind a neurotic dog. Think long and hard before putting one on your beloved pooch. If you do get one I recommend that you try it on yourself first.
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote