View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 12:19 PM   #55
TomC

Default my dog doo story..

i don't have a dog, although as a kid I did, and I like dogs. I don't like dog deposits in my yard - but of course it happens from time to time from loose dogs. One day i was digging up the hatch to my septic tank in the front yard. Down the sidewalk comes a guy walking a large dog, i think it was a Mastiff. He picks my front lawn not 25 feet away from me to do his business. The dog owner makes eye contact with me. The dog finishes deposit and the dog and owner resume their progress down the sidewalk. No attempt to clean up or even apologize for this was made by the owner (had he apologized I would have just buried the turd in the hole I was digging or put it in the septic tank). So I took my spade which was already in my hand, scooped up the dog crap and began to follow the guy. We didn't get too far before he spun around and asked me what "I thought I was doing?" I told him I didn't think I was doing anything - what I knew I was doing was following him home so I could return his dog feces to his yard/lawn. He wasn't amused and said "C'mon man, just chuck it in the woods... I live a 1/2 mile from here - are you really going to carry that all the way?" There is a wooded/swampy area a couple of lots down from me and we were adjacent to it.

I of course didn't really want to walk all that way with a shovelful of dog excrement, so I did throw it into the woods. I told the guy to clean up after his pet (the ordinance in town requires it) and if he can't do that, to find someplace other than my lawn to let his dog relieve himself. I hoped I made my point.

I have seen this guy from time to time on the sidewalk. He dosen't stop near my house any more...

of course none of this was the dogs fault.
TomC is offline   Reply With Quote