View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 11:48 AM   #54
nj2nh

Default Dog Tales

We have a Golden. She isn't perfect, but she sure tries. She loves people, but when we tell her to go upstairs or downstairs, she does.

What I don't understand is the mentality of those people who think that their opinion about dogs (or kids for that matter) is the only one that counts. Dogs should not be permitted to jump on someone under any circumstances. What if that person is older and not so sure on his or her feet? Disaster! What if is a child or even an adult who is afraid of dogs? It simply isn't fair to force a dog upon a person no matter what.

My neighbor here in Jersey has an older lab. THey let it out on their deck and then forget about her. She barks and barks. One Halloween evening, they left her out. She barked endlessly. I phoned them, but there was no answer. I figured they were spending the night with grandparents so I called the police. Just as I was getting through the phone menu (I didn't call 911), I heard their house alarm go off. They were letting in the dog. They didn't hear her barking. They let her out and went to bed. This dog scares my wimpy Golden even though they can't get at each other. My neighbors don't get it.

Too many people don't get it. If you wouldn't go up and hug a stranger, neighbor, friend, why would you let your dog jump on someone? Why do you think it is acceptable to let them roam into a neightbor's yard or on their boat if you wouldn't do it? I know the answer. The rules don't apply to some people. They love their dogs and everyone else must love their dogs, too.

Ticks me off completely!

nj2nh