View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 09:57 PM   #40
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
So if a neighbor is standing at the end of my driveway with their dog pissing on my mailbox post in plain sight of my dogs, which then causes my dogs to bark at them it is my dogs fault or my negligence as an owner??? So if I show up at your house and take a leak on your mailbox post in plain sight of your dog is it then your fault for your dog barking at me or mine for relieving myself on your property which causes your dog to bark?

If you are hanging out in front of my house unnecessarily with a dog and mine barks at you I applaud them. This is not being rude. If they are outside barking for no reason it is clearly mine. This is not the case in our situation.
I think we agree on this point: If I set foot on your property your dog has every right to protect your property by alerting you. I respect your right to own a dog and respect the right you have to protect your property.

If I walk down a public street in front of your house at 10:00PM, I should not have to listen to your dog bark and neither should your neighbors. Dog owners should respect the rights of others to peace and tranquility. My experience is that many do not. The quality of friends and neighbors lives should not be negatively impacted by the fact that someone else chooses to own a dog.

I have found it necessary to speak about dogs to neighbors on both sides of my house, in both cases after listening to continous barking for over 1/2 hour. In both situations the owners were outside with the dogs the entire time and chose to ignore the barking. Sorry if you disagree, but I find that ignorant. One neighbor was polite and put the dog in the house. That was over a year ago and we have not had a problem since. The other neighbor has ignored the problem for the last two years. Things will change this year. I do not intend to put up with it for another year.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote