View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 09:09 PM   #39
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
A person may be the reason a dog is barking, but I will respectfully disagree that he is "causing the neighbors dog to bark" If I steer my car into a tree, I caused it to hit the tree. If I light my house on fire, I caused it to burn down. The fact that my neighbors choose to keep an animal in their home and in their yard, and let it become a neighborhood nuisance is definitely not something I caused. There are many ways an owner can eliminate the negative impact their dog will have on others. If barking is a problem for your neighbors, then put a bark collar on your dog. Some dog owners think that it is OK to let their dog out for his nightly ritual and wait for it to bark to come back in. I disagree. If it disturbs your neighbors then you are out of line.
So if a neighbor is standing at the end of my driveway with their dog pissing on my mailbox post in plain sight of my dogs, which then causes my dogs to bark at them it is my dogs fault or my negligence as an owner??? So if I show up at your house and take a leak on your mailbox post in plain sight of your dog is it then your fault for your dog barking at me or mine for relieving myself on your property which causes your dog to bark?

If you are hanging out in front of my house unnecessarily with a dog and mine barks at you I applaud them. This is not being rude. If they are outside barking for no reason it is clearly mine. This is not the case in our situation.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote