View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 08:38 PM   #38
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

Sometimes people need to think that they may be what is causing the neighbors dogs to bark. And quite frankly anyone that threatens to kill anothers dog for barking deserves a beating. I'd be happy to lend a hand. Dog attacks are a different situation, but barking???[/QUOTE]

A person may be the reason a dog is barking, but I will respectfully disagree that he is "causing the neighbors dog to bark" If I steer my car into a tree, I caused it to hit the tree. If I light my house on fire, I caused it to burn down. The fact that my neighbors choose to keep an animal in their home and in their yard, and let it become a neighborhood nuisance is definitely not something I caused. There are many ways an owner can eliminate the negative impact their dog will have on others. If barking is a problem for your neighbors, then put a bark collar on your dog. Some dog owners think that it is OK to let their dog out for his nightly ritual and wait for it to bark to come back in. I disagree. If it disturbs your neighbors then you are out of line.

A neighbor has no more right to expect me to listen to their dog bark than I have to take the muffler off of my car and come and go at all hours of the night. The same neighbor that thinks (or doesn't think) that you should listen to their dog bark for an hour at 10PM would be upset if you ran your unmuffled car at 3000RPM for an hour at 10PM. I don't see any difference in the disrespect it shows for your neighbor.

My situation is that my neighbors large, loud dog barks because of their activities. If they are swimming in the lake or docking their boat, it is out there barking. It has nothing to do with me. I am usually inside my house, sometimes with the windows closed and the AC on, and I can still hear this mutt.

I agree that animals are like children, if you can't have them and control them so that they do not negatively impact the lives of others then you probably shouldn't have them.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote