View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 07:47 PM   #37
codeman671

We have 4 dogs and on any given weekend at the lake there are an additional 2-4 dogs hanging out with us. We use a Dogwatch hidden fence both at home and on the island so we can keep them relatively contained. Every once in a while someone will break out on the island but my neighbors do not mind. Their enormous German Shephard comes over for visits when he escapes as well.

At home in Dover we have a problem with our dogs barking from time to time and have a house near us that gives us the hairly eyeball from time to time because of it. What they don't seem to realize is that it is them that our dogs bark at. They walk slowly by our house probably 10 times a day, often with their dog. They let him crap on our lawn and other lawns in the neighborhood. My dogs are social and see them at the end of the driveway and think it is company coming to play. When they are not out and about, my dogs don't bark. We bring them in immediately when we hear them, but there are also many times when we hear a dog barking and go to get ours only to find out that it was someone elses in the neighborhood.

Having 4 dogs we don't mind barks, we tend to tune out neighbors dogs. Sometimes people need to think that they may be what is causing the neighbors dogs to bark. And quite frankly anyone that threatens to kill anothers dog for barking deserves a beating. I'd be happy to lend a hand. Dog attacks are a different situation, but barking???
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote