View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 07:35 PM   #36
Webbsatwinni

I do understand the comparison between kids and dogs. When I am out with or without my kids, I get just as annoyed by the parents that leave there children in a situation that is going bad just because they are out to dinner or something and feel it is there right.

My bottom line opinion is that people in general should be more aware of their impact on the surroundings, whether it be noise, trash, lights, etc and how others may not like it. It is unrealistic to think that everyone will like everything others are doing, personal space is the key for me. But in the case of a dog, you can clearly tell who likes them and who doesn't and it is the owners personal responsibility to respect the space of others and keep the dog away from people that have no interest in petting or being licked. But if my daughters cr*p in your yard, eat food from your outside table or lick you, I will take them in the house and discipline them so they stop.

Where I do think that comparison is a little apples and oranges is that we were all kids once and without them, civilization would cease to exist.
Webbsatwinni is offline   Reply With Quote