View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 04:31 PM   #33
VitaBene

Thanked 1,608 Times in 823 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmen24 View Post
To add to this, most towns have a noise ordinance that limits noise between certain times, each town is different but a call to the police will keep the pressure on (at night anyway).

The last option, if you say the relationship is gone anyways is this, you simply have to train your neighbors the same way you would train a dog.

You will need a large outdoor light fixture (i am not talking about something from home depot, I am talking really big and bright). Have an electrician wire it up and mount to your house facing as much of the neighbors property and preferable the house. When the dog starts barking turn on the sun, when the dog stops turn out the light. Patience and persistance is the key, soon the owners will begin to see that when they control the dog they get rewarded. If they call the police just say that you turned on the light to see what the dog was alarming to. And if your light is big enough it will be bright during daylight hours as well.

Jmen
I like it!!

The bottom line is we have to co-exist with our neighbors- including their faults and foibles, however, some people just don't get it and push the limits. To those that are having problems, I wish you luck. I had to reach an "understanding" with a neighborhood dog and its owner a while ago and it was not fun.
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote