View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 10:36 AM   #17
Webbsatwinni

To me, people in general are in two groups, dog lovers and everyone else who tolerates dogs.

Dog lovers think that everyone should be in their group and get upset when people think that the dogs are an invasion while barking or roaming free.

Everyone else is wishing that beyond a casual petting of the dog here and there, that the dog should either be quite and stay home.

I am in the second group, we choose not to have dogs and think that sitting on our deck dog free should be possible. Last year I was at the Wolfboro town dock and when I returned to the boat, there was a family fishing and their dog was in my boat. When I asked who's dog it was and could they get it off my boat now(!), they said to calm down as it was only a dog. After some back and forth, we got in the boat and left as they were really starting to get really angry that we thought is was wrong. And it was my boat that their dog was on, so why get angry?

It is just my two cents that dogs should either be on a leash or fenced in. I am not trying to tick anyone off by this, it was just a great thread to discuss.
Webbsatwinni is offline   Reply With Quote