View Single Post
Old 11-16-2021, 10:22 AM   #34
SailinAway

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillygirl View Post
You get my point. Really, do we need 100 options when 10 will suffice for the realistic operation of what we need? To me, your being should not be reflected in material things. Rather, it should be reflected in how you treat those around you. After my husband died, I turned to material things that I was not allowed in the marriage. Yet when I was free to decide on the material things, in the end they brought me no joy. Perhaps this was a reflection that I got little support from those around me after his death, so I sought solace in material things. Whatever the case may be, objects pale in comparison to human interaction.
I agree with your sentiment here, and I think it's the real root of all of our current crises. Greed around material things and money has led to people giving no thought to why we're on this earth and what we came here to do. In my opinion, we're here to learn as much as we can, make things easier for others, and care for the planet. Sometimes those lessons are learned through big personal losses.
The Following User Says Thank You to SailinAway For This Useful Post: