View Single Post
Old 11-13-2021, 09:42 PM   #11
John Mercier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
Are you referring to getting boosters in NH?

For the record we had zero issue getting a booster at CVS in MA.

I think Fauci's message is targeting first time hold outs as well.

I also agree its totally a global issue. Even if USA was 100% boosted if the rest of the globe is not strongly vaccinated it can still mutate and then hit us with new unprotected form in the near future.

We have to solve this globally. Even if it means USA gets less boosters so that other parts of the world can get their first shot.
No. I am not speaking of boosters in NH. I am referencing the entire Covid situation.

Our companies are telling us to be honest, but not overly honest.
So where do we draw the line?

I know that I have to tell customers that other than in-stock items, the lead times might be a while - but how to be honest with them that the lead time might be FOREVER... and I mean that literally. Certain colors of dozens of items could easily be discontinued by the manufacturers.

An order for an Andersen Terratone window last week has a tentative - meaning best guess - estimated time of arrival in June. Why? Because the tints we use to make the color is out of supply.

But what they refuse to understand, those tints make all the colors of the other materials they want also.

So while everyone has gotten use to a huge amount of choices in the last couple of years, so much that builders sent their customers directly to the showroom so decisions could be made long before the materials had to be ordered. Next year, those decisions might be as easy to make as the color of a Ford Model T.
The Following User Says Thank You to John Mercier For This Useful Post: