View Single Post
Old 09-24-2021, 02:31 PM   #8
camp guy

Default Unsolicited Telephone Calls

The whole genre of unsolicited telephone calls is probably number one on my list of dislikes. My wife and I rarely answer our landline unless we recognize the caller ID number. One poster already mentioned that scam artists are able to make a call look like it is from a number you should answer. I even had a call come to us and the caller ID showed our number!

With technology as it is, if you answer and immediately hang up the scammer knows it is an active line and you will continue to receive calls. Sometimes, out of boredom, I do answer, and, as a previous poster said, this can really confuse the caller. Fund raisers don't want to spend a lot of time explaining their mission to you.

The fact that a cell phone isn't listed in the phone book doesn't stop the scam calls. Again, technology allows a programmer to spend some time setting up a call rotation, and once the 'start' button is pushed, it is all automated from that point on.

Well, have a nice day, and, oh, your back brace, knee brace, and extended warranty are half-price this week.
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote