View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 02:27 PM   #17
codeman671

I have 4 dogs. I have had 3 systems by Dogwatch in the past and have Invisible Fence now.

They both work well and offer containment guarantees.

At our new house we switched to Invisible Fence as they were available faster than Ernie. The day after we moved in 2 of our dogs disappeared for a half day so we went into panic mode to get a fence done asap.

It was expensive as we started from scratch (new collars for all, indoor units, etc) and wired 3 acres of lawn. We have a large perimeter.

Our Japanese chin is a little guy, he is terrified of it.

Our golden, when he has his collar on, is pretty responsive. Sometimes we take the collar off to give him a break and forget to put it back on. If he figures out he doesn't have it sometimes he will test it.

Our English bulldog is responsive to it, but he is an idiot so sometimes he will run through if provoked.

Our leonberger is a 175lb moose and is very hairy. We have to shave his neck down to get contact, and it doesn't always stop him. There is a lot of wildlife in the area such as turkeys, deer and squirrels that grab his attention often.

Our island home had a Dogwatch system. So far I am thinking the Invisible Fence system works better for my home application. Ernie is in the lakes region though so you will get faster service than we do down on the seacoast. Dogwatch systems are user-adjustable for shock and alert. Invisible Fence systems need to be adjusted by the installer. That is one drawback.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote