View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 04:21 PM   #12
sarc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
My experience they do not work. A neighbor in Dracut put up an invisible to retain a couple of Rottweiler. They were the vicious types and neighbors were afraid of them. One afternoon after school was out they were able to 'break' the fence and attacked a couple of young girls. The parent sued,

The doq owners sued the electric fence company only to find out there was a disclaimer that the fence company is not liable if dogs should get loose.

That's one neighborhood that don't believe in electric fences. Google and you should find similar stories.
YES!! As a vet who's seen injuries when invisible fences fail, I feel compelled to chime in and give my 2 cents.

Things to keep in mind with invisible fences:

1. They do not keep things OUT. Dogs, children, people, wild animals, etc can still come onto your property and interact with your dog.

2. If the stimulus outside of the fence is exciting enough, the dog WILL break through the fence. The fear of the pain when crossing the line only keeps the dog in until something outside is more exciting and over rides the fear, or until theyre so fixated on something outside that they simply dont care about the pain
sarc is offline   Reply With Quote