View Single Post
Old 12-14-2022, 04:55 PM   #142
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post
Thank you for posting those photos. So you pack the stove that full before lighting it? That's surprising. How come there's no wood above the top starter? Is that just to get the draft going? What length do you cut your wood to? It looks like 10" and 14".

I think my problem is lack of pine. I need to get a battery chainsaw and cut down a couple of old pines.
Pine isn't necessary, it's just what I do to avoid having to use any real kindling.

The starter on top is simply to get the draft going. Once it's going up the pipe, I'm good to start lighting the fire.

In terms of packing the stove, ummm...YES. I'm not wasting time burning five sticks and loading again in 7 minutes with a bit larger stuff and then again in 30 with...blah blah blah.

If I'm home in time, I'll grab a pic of it...3 hours later.

* Note: the downstairs started at 62° and, when I left at 4:30 to run some errands, the room the stove is in was 72 and the rest of the downstairs at ~68. That's using the stove's fan. Otherwise, the room it's in would be closer to high-70's and the others at 65 or so. Outside temp = 32° and windy.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is online now   Reply With Quote