View Single Post
Old 02-01-2021, 09:06 AM   #17
MeredithMan

Default Yes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler View Post
What do they charge for that? Was it cooked the way you like it?
Yes, it was cooked perfectly. We asked for both dinners to be "medium rare" and it was spot on. Nice amount of seasoning on the "crust"...not too much, not too little. As to the price, it was not inexpensive...$62 for a "large" dinner and a "regular" dinner. Both included potato and veg, rolls and butter, and some extra au jus. We got mashed potatoes, butternut squash, and green beans. To my taste buds, their mashed potatoes are real...if they are the fake flakes, they're really good ones.

My take on Hart's is that you go there for the turkey, and that's it, (with the exception of the Saturday Prime Rib and when they used to do the Friday night buffet in the off-season). I have tried fish there on a couple of occasions, and it is not that great. The decor/atmosphere is straight out of June Cleaver's dining room in 1955. You are not going to find a cornucopia of flavors on their menu...it is not the place for "muy caliente" cooking, but as Motorhead stated, "...if you want Italian, go to an Italian place; if you want turkey, go to Harts..."
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote