View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 08:43 PM   #233
Evenstar

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
are local Evenstar. They don't count.
They only reason that they "don't count" is that they support my point, and not yours.
I stated: "My point was that you don't have to travel a high-speeds to raise money for charities. What I stated was that "paddlers raise money for charities all the time.""

So these charities most certainly do count, and they prove my point. The Easter Seals is a national charity, not a local charity.

And you STILL haven't responded to my two other points:
1.) There isn't any loss revenue yet
2.) How would any loss of revenue be the fault of kayakers? It would be the fault of your group for not adapting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
So Why aren't the kayakers prevalient on Lake George and Squam Lake?
They are. There are a LOT more kayaks on Squam. I was just on Squam yesterday and saw a large number of other kayaks while I was paddling - way more than I've ever seen on winni in a few just a few hours. And yesterday wasn't even a particularly nice day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiofn View Post
Evenstar: I think that the point that was trying to be made about the poker runs is that the High performance boaters raise a LOT of money for charities.
And my point was that paddlers also raise a LOT of money for charities. I also showed that races can be run on lakes in NH that have a speed limit - all you need to do is obtain a special permit. So why couldn't an annual race be held to raise money? High performance boats could still go fast at such an event. All it takes is a little adapting.