View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 08:42 AM   #225
VtSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Different strokes for different folks. Some like to paddle, and some like to go fast. Thanks to our New Hampshire legislature, boaters can now do both, up to 45mph.....like one big happy family .

45mph is hardly a slow speed, come on, it's a very fast speed for a boat.
People should be required to wear helmets 24/7 as well. There are just boatloads of people that shouldn't be operating boats at any speed, much less 45 mph. When I see people slow down 15 mph on the highway when rounding a slight corner, I wish the DMV had the authority to pull them over and begin mandatory testing, or just revoke their license and give them a train pass on the spot.

Unfortunately, there are many scared people out there in many activities that just have no real common sense or skill for doing whatever it is they are doing. Many of these same folks want to dumb everything down so we can all be reduced to their levels. (No, not a personal attack on you, I have no idea what your abilities are). But in general, this feels like the old Double Nickel deal. When speed limits were finally raised back up, we were told death and mayhem would ensue. It didn't. There are people out there everyday going 25 mph in boats, that should never, ever be allowed out on the water.

Who's going to save us from them?