View Single Post
Old 10-21-2023, 09:26 AM   #51
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by patman View Post
Thanks for the response! Very helpful...

I'm told there is a way to add T-Mobile for free as a trial with your existing phone and number if your phone supports eSim tech. You can have both T-Mobile and Verizon set ups, and switch between them as you wish to try out the coverage. Looking into that now.

I've also discovered that 'Tello' is a service that uses the T-Mobile towers, but is cheaper (?) than standard T-Mobile service.
For the trial thing, yes—if your phone supports eSim cards, you can program it to run on the T-Mobile system for a week or something to test things out. Very few phones qualify, though—even my S22, which was almost brand new at the time, didn't work.

In terms of "Tello" or any other MVNOs (companies that lease provider bandwidth), service will depend on the state of network use.

For example, we had middle-tier Verizon plans that, when we tried using them on weekends or during busy afternoons, were very slow. Summers at the lake were unusable.

In the last decade, T-Mobile has been the first service that I've not seen slowdowns or unusable service consistently. Every day, night, and weekend this summer our phones worked without hiccups.

I've not heard the same about Mint, which is supposedly the best MVNO on T-Mobile's network.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote