View Single Post
Old 07-26-2020, 06:08 AM   #8
Winilyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
A couple thoughts after having my first service done: DaSilva's charged $270 for it while my friend had his first service done at Irwin's for $190. On my friend's work order is (paraphrased) "oil change and check assembly," which they explained was to go over what the dealer assembles. DaSilva's did the oil change and assembly check as well, but on my work order/through conversation is also "bolt/hose check, diagnostic code scan, carbon seal/wear ring check, clean" and one other thing I can't remember.

I asked about the extra $80 because I thought it was a bit pricey, and the answer I received was that "we want to make sure it's right when we give it back."

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I'm not convinced DaSilva's is the cheapest around, but I do feel like they take care of their machines (and people)—I've literally not heard a single complaint in all my research and, though my first service cost more than my friend's, I'm glad to know some of the stuff I hear horror stories has been checked out (loose hoses, carbon ring wear, faulty handlebar installation, etc.).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
And if there’s anyone I know that does their research - it’s you!
Winilyme is offline   Reply With Quote