Thread: SpeedPass
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 08:35 AM   #10
Lin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwaves
So how does this thing work?

I don't often have to travel to MetroWest these days, however on a recent occasion that I had to make the trip it was terrible!

Are the EZ Passes and Fast Lane passes and whatever else individual states want to call them, compatible?

I am more than willing to invest in one if I know that it is also interchangeable with NH, MA, NY, RI, VT, ME, CT etc.

Is it?
We live in the metrowest area and although we hardly use the Pike, we bought the fastlane module when it first came out. We've only had to replace it once so far (knocking on wood). We have used it all the way down to MD on the EZ pass systems to visit my sister and love the fact that we can now use it at the tolls in NH. Before NH, our balance hardly went down at about .40 cents a trip to the mall on ocassion but it does go down a lot faster going through NH now. We just keep replenishing it as needed. But it's a heck of a lot better than sitting in line at a toll. My son just got one for graduation from his uncle. He bought his I believe on line from NJ EZ pass system. He said it was cheaper. Hope this helps in your decision.