Thread: Skunk smell
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 09:17 AM   #9
GTO

Default wow,

Quote:
Originally Posted by eillac@dow View Post
So for the first time...my poor baby got hit by a skunk. He has been cleaned and smells "ok"...but the rest of us still have that lingering odor.

It happened this morning around 6:35...kids were still sleeping and I confined the dog...Hunter..to the mudroom until I could figure out what to do....kids never came in contact with him...but somehow they have the odor. They went to school and my daughter was asked to leave class because of it....my son's class was complaining of the odor but he kept silent and said nothing...

We have showered multiple times, washes our hair with a vinegar, baking soda and dawn mixture, but just want to make sure it is gone. Last thing I want is for a HS senior and sophomore is to back to school tomorrow and encounter the same problem or for their mother....ME...to go to
work smelling like a skunk!

Any reco's?

Thank you....
Allie
Been there. When my dog got sprayed, we let him in the back door and right to the bathroom but unfortuneately, he want right by my sons backpack. The next day we got a call form him at school that he needed to come home because he was stinkin up the place. Good thing he has a good sense of humor. We ended up throwing the backpack out, just can't get that smell out of certain things. With the warm weather here, open up all the windows and doors, air out the place