View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 10:59 AM   #53
XCR-700

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxrider View Post
As was said it the past "Its the economy stupid".

Anyway I guess the town ramps in Altonbay, Wolfeboro, Merideth are not cheap enough for some people...The state needs to spend money it may not have to add more free ramps the people won't use.
The Alton ramp has no dock at the ramp which is a problem for me as my wife is dealing with our young kids and I have to manage the whole launch/recovery process by myself, then you throw in the no trailer parking at the ramp and its useless for too many of us. Ya its good for some, but far from the quality of Merideth.

As for Merideth, no issues there except its at the far end of the lake for those of us who come up from the south and like to boat on the south end of the lake.

Wolfeboro, well good luck launching there, I struggle to navigate that parking lot on the weekend with my truck let alone hauling a 23' boat on a double axle trailer. And unless its mid-week or before like 8:00 AM you will have fun fighting the boats using the dock space.

Ames farm was the universal solution for many of us. I happily paid for the use of their ramp and spacious parking, and they were nice folks!

The loss of access to Ames Farm is a real downer. I have used West Alton and they are also very good, but parking gets tricky unless you are there early and even then there is a lot of pressure to get your boat out of the ramp area so the next guy can get through and thats when people make stupid mistakes like leaving the plug out, or not securing something or forgetting to tilt the motor/drive when pulling out. The ramp is one place you should be talking your time to make sure everything is as it should be, but when several other boats are waiting to push through there is a felt pressure can make it far less enjoyable and can impact safety.

Well thats one trailer boaters perspective,,,
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote