View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 06:42 PM   #48
Lucky1

Default Wining Butcher in Meredith... behind the gas station near ETC.

Has the MOST DELICIOUS LOBSTER MEAT!! I learned about this only today. A neighbor whose opinion I respect, told me that he had gotten a pound of lobster meat at Wining Butcher and had made four delicious rolls. I decided to stop in at Wining Butcher after I finished my shopping at Hannaford. I purchased eight Country Kitchen Frankfurt rolls while at Hannaford that were in a package marked 2/$4.00 along with my blueberries, magoes, fresh cooked turkey breast (instead of the chickens) and Chobani no fat yogurt, asparagus etc.
I then crossed the street and got gas and went to Wining Butcher. I had never been there. The woman beside me got two very large chicken parm breasts for $10.45 for both. I was amazed and told her that was a good deal. She said they were delicious. The lobster meat looked great so I took a chance and got a pound. It is $22 something a pound. I came home and made THREE STUFFED ROLLS for our dinner. They were wonderful. I would not make four if you like your lobster roll really stuffed!
So I am now casting two votes. If you like to have it all made for you and eat at a restaurant, then Sam and Rosie's is my favorite. Those cost $17.95 each plus tax and tip, and come with fries or cole slaw. Wining Butcher is my favorite if you want to take the meat home and make your own. (Just stuff the meat into the rolls!)
We like to have people in for lobster rolls for lunch at the water on a nice day. Will get a Hart's blueberry pie and vanilla ice cream for dessert.

Last edited by Lucky1; 08-10-2010 at 07:52 AM. Reason: spelling
Lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote