View Single Post
Old 04-21-2005, 09:40 AM   #93
Fat Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROPELLER
And no, its not clear to me at this time that it is a front for high performance boats or that the organization was created specifically to fight the speed limit.
Want to buy a bridge?

Quote:
WinnFABS was created specifically to support the speed limit bill.
Exactly as they say they were. Let there be no confusion about that. Are you implying that they are pretending they were formed for some other purpose the way NHRBA is?

Quote:
Did you donate money to them thinking they have all boaters interests at heart?
I gave $5000 because I want to help them get HB162 passed. Period. To me, this has nothing to do with "other boaters interests".

Quote:
At least Winnilaker has expressed an interest in some kind of regulation.
You don't consider HB162 to be "some kind of regulation"? You consider the no-rules status that Custie is promoting to be "some kind of regulation"? Want to buy two bridges?

Quote:
Has WinnFABS kept an open mind? Not that I am aware of.
Winnfabs is trying to make the lake accessible to ALL boaters, 21-footers, sailboats, water-skiers, canoes, sunfishes, kayaks, rowing skulls, salmon fishermen, etc. They just want them ALL to operate at a safe speed. This is what an "open minded" person would see as an "open minded " approach. As I've said before, at least Winnfabs has taken the constructive first step and brought a bill forward. Isn't it now the other side's turn to make a counter-proposal? Is saying "no way" your idea of compromising? Is it Winnfab's job to make the initial proposal, then to next make a counter-proposal to their own bill? What business school teaches this form of negotiating? You feel that maintaining the "let the strongest survive" atmosphere, which forces most of NH's citizens off the lake for the benefit of the dominant few (who mostly come from out-of-state, BTW) is "open minded"? Want to buy yet another bridge?

Quote:
It would be difficult for any boating organization to represent speed limit supporters & opponents. So if I decide to join one I will pick one that keeps an open mind & would consider compromise.
And we will surely forgive and welcome you, because that's the kind of "open minded" group that we are.

Quote:
And no, I have not donated money to NHRBA yet.
Finally, a logical decision, (But not a surprising one).

Quote:
I can do my own research & make my own decisions. I don't need your help, thanks anyway..
Let me know if you do need my help. I am always willing.