View Single Post
Old 03-19-2020, 12:42 PM   #3
WINNI BOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8gv View Post
I will soon own a boat that will provide adequate comfort for me to try spring fishing on Winni.

Is there a chance that I can catch a salmon or trout without the use of a down rigger?

If so, how so?

Thanks!
Hi;
I've been fishing the big lake for over 55 years, and, although the salmon fishing isn't as good as 10 years ago, you've still got a decent shot at a salmon. Sun-up till 8:00 am is your best time. Shiners, smelt, and various lures and flies, slowly drifted or trolled (1 to 1.5 mph)will do best. Use 4lb test with a the tiniest swivel possible, with a 6 foot to 8 ft fluorocarbon leader(4lb test) with a #6-8 hook(tiny). Hook the smelt or small shiner through both lips, and drift....let the bait swim, naturally. A good distance from the boat (200-300ft). The season starts April 1st, and the good top-water fishing lasts till the water temps get over 60 degrees. Twi-light til dark, is also, a good time to fish for salmon and lakers.

If you're a novice, and you want a personal lesson on my tri-toon, which is docked near the Weirs channel, I have been known to take people out to get them familiar with the territory and the tactics...call me

Winni Bob @ 617-678-1018
WINNI BOB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WINNI BOB For This Useful Post: