View Single Post
Old 11-17-2021, 08:53 AM   #24
BillJohn

Default You nailed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post
Gillygirl, you make important points about this forum and about how society is going in general. The unfriendly posts in the Covid forum are a microcosm of society. As I have read this forum over the past two years, I have been really discouraged to realize what the society around me here in the Lakes Region actually looks like. But this is true across our whole country---I've been depressed for a while now to realize how deep the divisions are in our country and how vicious they can get. This is definitely something new for us Oldsters who grew up in a more civil society. Unfortunately, the anonymity of the internet greatly magnifies the severity of insults and attacks as people say things they would never say in public. I try hard not to do that, by the way. Every few weeks I take a break forum this forum because honestly, it's a bit toxic. I'm with you on that.
I think you nailed it. Society has changed. People have become selfish, intolerant, and aggressive. Just look at the number of incidents that are happening while flying. Bad behavior use to be joining the mile high club...now you get punched.