View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 07:47 PM   #14
ApS

Exclamation Please Adjust that Ratio of Clorox to Water...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiesaukee View Post
ApS just so you don’t waste your time or money...

Most bleach in the bottle, such as Chlorox is a 5 or 6 percent solution of sodium hypochlorite and is stable for months. To make a disinfectant solution you need mix only 1/3 cup Chlorox to a gallon of water. This very dilute solution is effective but it is stable for only 24 hours.

I am not sure what the 10% solution you refer to means so just giving info.
Thanks for the correction. I was mixing epoxy resin and catalyst most of the day, which made a 10% solution. I had been using somewhat less than ⅓ cup of Clorox to a gallon of water, but I can bump that up now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
Aps, instead of disinfecting mail in your car for two days, go to each company web site and go paperless. Put all your bills on auto-pay so they'll be paid on time whether you are in FL or NH, or someplace in between. Take down your mailbox and USPS will stop delivering shoppers news and all that junk mail. Shop with Instacart and Amazon so you don't need cash or a mask.

It's difficult, especially for the first month, but stop driving. You'll save tons on car costs, wasted time, impulse purchases in the store, and even improve your carbon footprint. That should be important to a sailor.
All important suggestions: most of which I observe.
Cash-money shows up in my "junk" mail, and I just can't throw it out.

Amazon delivered a package today—via USPS.

I donate to charities caring for animals, like "Mutts on a Mission". Other charities send more requests, although the outfit buying bulletproof vests for police dogs is a bridge too far. Wolfeboro Electric billing has yet to observe "paperless".

I've been asked if I'd pick up a "lucky penny". I say no, because a penny is a poor return on hurting my back. But for a free 54¢, I'll open a letter.
Attached Images