View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 06:08 AM   #1
ApS

Arrow Virus Home-Made Countermeasures...

Amazon has "prioritized" delivery of most suitable disinfectants to healthcare facilities--and...another trip into town isn't in the plans.

So I've made a 10% solution of Clorox, dip a paintbrush in it to disinfect arriving packages, even dipping my hands into the solution, and letting them air-dry. (Renewing the solution daily).

New mail deliveries are placed in the car, where the sun's heat should disinfect the pile. Bills get paid after a day or two in the heat.

I've placed a heavy clamp on the corner of my "paper" cash-money, and placed the cache in a bright, windy, and hot location. (Pun intended). The clamp is moved to the other corner when I think of it.

Some sources are saying that the sun's UV rays are too weak. Are these reports originating from Montréal? Mail and cash are bleaching after only one day in the sun.

My neighbor gave me a better mask, which I intend to use when again in public. (N-95)

Anyway, I'm still looking for solutions (literally!) for disinfecting, although my present Florida location is relatively safe from the new coronavirus.

Another thought: leafblowers draw their air from near the operator, and spread it far and wide. I expect those operators are wearing good masks.

Could bottle-rockets and drones spread the virus?