View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 08:47 AM   #6
jmen24

When the freezer gets low, we typically use the MB thick cut bacon.

Everything else is from the pigs we raise. We send the hams and bacon to the Cantebury Smoke House and will typically have 15 lbs of smoked bacon in the freezer each year. They also sell product there as well and nothing is better than real bacon that hasn't been pumped with water (there is no splatter in the pan).

We buy all of our meat seasoning from the Sausage Source in Hillsborough, NH. My father has his cutting room attached to the barn and is complete with large walk in cooler and all the tools needed to professionally process our own meats. It is ONE of his current part-time jobs since his retirement last year.

We have made our own venison pepper crusted bologna (that is so good with crackers and cheese) as well as link and loose sausages. All the seasoning materials are picked up at the Sausage Source, casings and spices. It is really a great place and you can work the spices into many different meat sources. You don't have to raise your own animals or have fancy equipment to enjoy the same benefits.

The Cajon Bacon Sprinkle is really good and I have used the NH Maple Sugar in my bean recipe to great result.

MMMMM BACON!!!! Great thread!
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote