View Single Post
Old 12-11-2022, 01:04 PM   #13
thebix

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHopster View Post
The Gilford Rotary Tree Sale to benefit local charities did not end early. Started Friday November 25 the day after Thanksgiving with 600 trees. Ended on Sunday December 4. 85 trees were sold on the final day.
Yes, when I was checking on the hours of the sale I saw that it was scheduled to end Dec 4 so was no longer available for me.

I used the term 'early' in relation to Christmas itself.

Scheduling Christmas tree sales to END 3 weeks before Christmas seemed to me to be 'early' and very surprising..

I would of thought the 1-3 weeks before Christmas is the prime time for tree sales, not just the week or two after Thanksgiving.
Who wants to buy a tree so early and have it dry out and loose a lot of needles by the time Christmas arrive.

A different perspective, I suppose. I would prefer a tree about two weeks before the holiday. I understand many people want to get it the day after Thanksgiving. More power to them, but why do so many tree sale places assume everyone wants to, and schedule sales to end 3 weeks before the holiday? They are missing out on a lot of potential sales.
thebix is offline   Reply With Quote