View Single Post
Old 10-14-2020, 10:45 PM   #27
mswlogo

So how practical is it to run a 3 Season year round?

It has lake water with a pump house probably 20 feet from waters edge and water line that probably goes 50 feet to the house and very shallow.

There is no plumbing on the 2nd floor and 1 bath back to back with a kitchen.

The hot water heater is like an 80 gallon electric. And it's literally in a trap door in the kitchen. And pretty deep down, surrounded by dirt.

Partial foundation around maybe 3/4 way around.

It has Electric heat and double pane windows.

No insulation under the house. Not sure what's in the walls. Assuming nothing but it might have something since they bothered to put in double pane windows. Looks like modern sheet rock too in good shape. So it's not like boards you can see through to the outside type of thing.

Would this cost a fortune to prevent from freezing? It's very small too. We can close off 2nd floor which will add a buffer of insulation.

What would it need? Insulate just an area under the kitchen and hot water heater?

Hardest part is the water from the lake. I heard you can put heaters in the pipe but it's expensive.

I wanted to install a nice water filter system, then I thought of all the work to drain it. Then I thought about putting in tankless hot water on LP, but that might be more vulnerable than conventional hot water tank.

I have a Well guy coming along with Septic site planner but that might not happen until next year. Also an LP tank is getting installed. Will switch electric appliances to LP and add a gas (simulated wood) stove.
mswlogo is offline   Reply With Quote