View Single Post
Old 01-12-2023, 11:30 PM   #51
John Mercier

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real BigGuy View Post
It would seem to me that it should operate similar to the way most local transfer stations operate:

A residential tax payer should be able to acquire a yearly “beach sticker” to for a vehicle at a nominal cost ($5 or $10/sticker) with a household limit of 2 stickers;

A a non-resident hospitality business (hotel, motel, B&B taxpayer should also be able to acquire up to 2 passes (so they can be temporarily distributed among employees at the owner/managers discretion) at a more substantial cost ($25-50/sticker);

Residential hospitality business can acquire up to the 8 passes previously mentioned but at a cost of $100 per pass. (I believe the price is justified because the business will be able to make a profit by selling use of the pass)

The town could also sell stickers to non residents for a yearly fee and make it substantial if they want to “keep outsiders out”.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The transfer station expects you to go in, drop off, and leave... not park all day.

The town/city beaches only have so much parking area... and in Gilford's case has 7000+ potential resident users. When you add even more to that, the risk that someone gets turned away increases... especially on high use days.
John Mercier is offline   Reply With Quote