View Single Post
Old 08-18-2022, 09:46 AM   #26
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
At the island we have and use the Blackstone 36" pro extensively, as well as have a rather basic gas grill and the Blackstone pizza oven (now obsolete/cannot be purchased any longer).

We use the griddle far more than the grill these days. We mass produce breakfast sandwiches every morning on it. We make great smash burgers and recently started doing our steak tips on it instead of the grill. We have done pizzas, grilled cheese, sausages, grilled veggies, even topneck steamed clams in scampi butter (yum!).

The downside we have with the griddle is keeping mice out of it. The lid doesn't keep them out and every weekend we have to do a thorough cleaning before use. We started using the grydlmat when not around and so far this has been the best solution. They still get in, but can't touch the cooking surface.

if I had to choose grill or griddle I would go grill, but we are always cooking for large crowds. We have used griddle plates on grills before and the heat isn't as even.

Why are you restricted to only 1? How about a Blackstone and a Weber Q tabletop grill?

We do need to work on your choices in firearms....
I've not been able to hold a CP33 yet as the shops in my town try to carry MA-compliant pistols, but it looks like it would be a nice feel for a plinker.

I also have an H&K VP9 w/red dot, but go to my TX22 (non-optics) just as much—that Taurus is a BARGAIN.

On grills: we can only have one because of where it goes/we cook. It fits in a little alcove on our deck, and having a second unit would interfere with a high-top table, seating, etc.

UPDATE: My dear wife is heavily leaning us towards a whole griddle—she's liking the openness and flexibility. Currently researching sizing/cost of Camp Chef 600, Pit Boss 3/4 burner, and Blackstone 28"/36".

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote