Thread: Jetsurf
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2022, 05:15 PM   #29
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgreenbean View Post
Mine is an explore. It’s big and wide and heavy. I couldn’t imagine getting it down Rocky steps. I bought a kayak trolly to help wheel mine down to our shoreline, but I doubt that would work well on steps. Definitely have to transport the board and battery separately for as long as possible. A lift is an interesting idea. Now that I have a good amount of confidence on the board, I want to try out a carve. It looks way easier to turn, and looks like more fun. And it’s smaller and lighter!
These boards are definitely not good in rough water. Cavitation will be an issue. I tend to ride later in the afternoon, closer to sunset when our area of the lake is emptier and the water is smooth. On smooth water, it’s great. Try to find a nice cove or protected part of the lake with calmer water.
That’s why I got the element. It’s a happy medium. I have no problem turning it. And I’m not standing yet. I also tend to go late evening and early morning. Lake is rarely calm in the middle of the day.

It’s only around 4 rock steps and I have a kayak dolly. I kind of set the board bag down the steps and lift it out of board bag from the water. Little awkward. Lot’s of options to fix that, just need to think it through.

Taking the fins off and on is a pain. Like to find solution that I can leave them on.

I have a large pump house 10’ X 10’ near the water with no pump in it. Like to build a ramp from it to the water. But it’s probably 15ft back or so, a little long.
mswlogo is offline   Reply With Quote